Lincoln Motors had an alright, alright, alright October. The company announced its best sales for the month of October since 2007 — and it may have Matthew McConaughey to thank for the boost.
The Interstellar actor, who starred in advertisements for the MKC crossover SUV, possibly helped Lincoln’s overall sales last month go up 25 percent, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Of the 8,883 vehicles sold last month, 2,197 were MKCs.
Car sales go up and down based on a number of factors, of course, though sales for this particular model reportedly spiked after the television spots — and the resulting parodies of them by Jim Carrey (on Saturday Night Live), Ellen DeGeneres and Conan O’Brien — began airing this fall.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time