Lincoln Motors had an alright, alright, alright October. The company announced its best sales for the month of October since 2007 — and it may have Matthew McConaughey to thank for the boost.
The Interstellar actor, who starred in advertisements for the MKC crossover SUV, possibly helped Lincoln’s overall sales last month go up 25 percent, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Of the 8,883 vehicles sold last month, 2,197 were MKCs.
Car sales go up and down based on a number of factors, of course, though sales for this particular model reportedly spiked after the television spots — and the resulting parodies of them by Jim Carrey (on Saturday Night Live), Ellen DeGeneres and Conan O’Brien — began airing this fall.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State