For absolutely no discernible reason, the people of the Internet have turned a kid named Alex who works at Target — now forever known as #AlexFromTarget — into a celebrity.
It started Sunday when Twitter user @auscalum posted an image of the random, albeit adorable, young cashier from Target:
And then the Internet went crazy. (Again, for no discernible reason). Over the last day, Topsy reports that there have been more than 125,00 “Alex from Target”-related tweets.
And since the Internet is a creepy place, it found the true Alex from Target on Twitter. He now has 312k followers and counting:
There are even competing campaigns to get other cute bros (#SteverFromStarbucks, #KieranFromTMobile, #MattFromRedRobin) similar notoriety:
Even Target itself got in on the action Monday:
This is the American dream.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow