For absolutely no discernible reason, the people of the Internet have turned a kid named Alex who works at Target — now forever known as #AlexFromTarget — into a celebrity.
It started Sunday when Twitter user @auscalum posted an image of the random, albeit adorable, young cashier from Target:
And then the Internet went crazy. (Again, for no discernible reason). Over the last day, Topsy reports that there have been more than 125,00 “Alex from Target”-related tweets.
And since the Internet is a creepy place, it found the true Alex from Target on Twitter. He now has 312k followers and counting:
There are even competing campaigns to get other cute bros (#SteverFromStarbucks, #KieranFromTMobile, #MattFromRedRobin) similar notoriety:
Even Target itself got in on the action Monday:
This is the American dream.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List