The Apple Watch is slated for a spring 2015 launch, according to a leaked video transcript, dampening hopes of an earlier winter date.
CEO Tim Cook previously said the watch would be “available early next year,” but Angela Ahrendts, the company’s senior vice president of retail and online stores, was quoted in a video transcript obtained by 9to5Mac on Sunday as saying Apple was “sprinting” toward a spring launch date.
“We’re going into the holidays, we’ll go into Chinese New Year, and then we’ve got a new watch launch coming in the spring,” she said.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org