Kim Kardashian has placed the BlackBerry on the endangered species list — right next to the black rhino. And thus, she is creating her own smartphone reserve.
While speaking at Re/code’s mobile conference on Monday, Kardashian (who also goes by Kardashian West) admitted to buying the somewhat dated phones on eBay and keeping them in her room.
“It’s my heart and soul, I love it and I’ll never get rid of it,” she said. “I do have an iPhone, and I use it for photos. But if you write an email and you need to type fast — I like having the [key]board. They don’t even have them in stores anymore. I buy them on eBay. It’s a BlackBerry Bold. And I like to have three in my room that I line up in case they break.”
“I love BlackBerry,” she said. “Every time I say that, people are horrified that I have a BlackBerry, and I don’t understand that reaction.”
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List