Kim Kardashian has placed the BlackBerry on the endangered species list — right next to the black rhino. And thus, she is creating her own smartphone reserve.
While speaking at Re/code’s mobile conference on Monday, Kardashian (who also goes by Kardashian West) admitted to buying the somewhat dated phones on eBay and keeping them in her room.
“It’s my heart and soul, I love it and I’ll never get rid of it,” she said. “I do have an iPhone, and I use it for photos. But if you write an email and you need to type fast — I like having the [key]board. They don’t even have them in stores anymore. I buy them on eBay. It’s a BlackBerry Bold. And I like to have three in my room that I line up in case they break.”
“I love BlackBerry,” she said. “Every time I say that, people are horrified that I have a BlackBerry, and I don’t understand that reaction.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time