In honor of National Pumpkin Day, take a look at some artfully carved jack-o’-lanterns on display at Rise of the Jack-o’-Lanterns, a 1/4-mile walking trail filled with over 5,000 hand-carved illuminated Jack-o’-lanterns in La Canada Flintridge, Calif.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.