Author J.K. Rowling’s website Pottermore.com has announced that the Harry Potter creator has penned a brand new story, which will go live on the site on Oct. 31.
The story will feature Dolores Umbridge, a witch and former Hogwarts professor, who first appeared in the fifth Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which was published in 2003. Umbridge was played by actor Imelda Staunton in the film adaptation of the series.
“Umbridge is not only one of the most malicious Potter characters, she is the only person other than Lord Voldemort to leave a permanent physical scar on Harry,” reads the update posted to Pottermore.com on Friday. “The new exclusive J.K. Rowling content provides a rich, 1,700-word back story about Umbridge’s life filled with many new details, as well as Rowling’s revealing first-person thoughts and reflections about the character.”
Earlier this year, Rowling published a story on Pottermore.com featuring a now-grown Harry Potter.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.