A month after releasing a mega-popular commercial that spoofed Apple, IKEA is back with a new ad — and this one takes a rather different approach. The commercial pays homage to Stanley Kubrick’s classic 1980 film The Shining by recreating its iconic (and super creepy) hallway scene.
The video’s creators seem to be pretty big Kubrick fans, as they paid very close attention to detail. They also hid a number of products within the video and launched a social media contest so viewers can spot the items and then win stuff. You know, because #engagement.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms