Summer loving happened so fast, but now that fall is here, those breakup blues can drag on forever. Luckily, Ellie Goulding and Calvin Harris have teamed up on “Outside,” a breakup epic that will crowd dance floors from Omaha to Ibiza.
Electric strings swirl against Harris’s expansive beats as Goulding breathlessly sings: “I’ll show you what it feels like, now I’m on the outside.” The slowly sizzling electro-pop song reunites Harris and Goulding after the dynamic duo’s 2012 hit “I Need Your Love,” taken from Goulding’s album Halcyon.
Harris’s new album Motion is due out November 4 and features a star-studded tracklist with appearances from Gwen Stefani, Big Sean, Tinashe, John Newman, and HAIM.
It will be Harris’ first album since 2012’s 18 Months and he will be hitting the road in support of its release — if he survives his Halloween show in the Bermuda Triangle.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com