Space may be the final frontier, but this Klingon cover of Sixpence None the Richer’s “Kiss Me” makes getting to first base in your dad’s barley field sound out of this world .
Back in 1998, Texas Christian pop band Sixpence None the Richer hit the mainstream with their sweetly schmaltzy track. Last year, the song was (finally!) translated into Klingon. Of course, “kiss me” isn’t a phrase that is particularly common in the Klingon tongue, so they substituted something equally romantic for a Klingon — Dah Hlchop, or bite me.
While the moving musical tribute came out last year, it’s one trip down memory lane you’ll want to walk down again and again. Luckily, it’s Flashback Friday, so you can spend the day watching this video over and over again and if anyone dares complain, tell them Dah Hlchop.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time