Space may be the final frontier, but this Klingon cover of Sixpence None the Richer’s “Kiss Me” makes getting to first base in your dad’s barley field sound out of this world .
Back in 1998, Texas Christian pop band Sixpence None the Richer hit the mainstream with their sweetly schmaltzy track. Last year, the song was (finally!) translated into Klingon. Of course, “kiss me” isn’t a phrase that is particularly common in the Klingon tongue, so they substituted something equally romantic for a Klingon — Dah Hlchop, or bite me.
While the moving musical tribute came out last year, it’s one trip down memory lane you’ll want to walk down again and again. Luckily, it’s Flashback Friday, so you can spend the day watching this video over and over again and if anyone dares complain, tell them Dah Hlchop.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate