Apple appears to have accidentally revealed images of both its new iPads, the iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 ahead of its Thursday event, an unusual mistake for a company known for being obsessively secretive before official announcements.
An official iPad user guide for iOS 8 could be viewed Wednesday in the iTunes store with screenshots of the new devices showing “everything you need to know about iPad, in a handy format.” The page was still live as of 1:45 p.m. ET. Apple blog 9to5Mac first spotted the user guide.
The guide shows that besides the addition of Touch ID, the latest iPads look essentially the same as their predecessors. The computing power of each is expected to improve, but design-wise, these screenshots reveal devices similar to their earlier incantations.
Read next: 50 Must-Have iPad Apps
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com