As the Republican presidential candidate in 2012, Mitt Romney was robotic, wooden, buttoned-up, stiff—take your pick of adjective.
But despite the public perception, Romney does have a lighter side—see the Netflix documentary Mitt for proof—and he can actually be pretty funny, as he proved again on Sunday at a campaign event for Iowa Republican Senate candidate Joni Ernst.
Romney’s actually-quite-decent joke, which came at the expense of his former adversary President Barack Obama, is related below. You can also watch it above, courtesy of conservative outlet the Washington Free Beacon.
For those of you that appreciate Romney’s humor, or more likely still aren’t quite convinced that he can be funny, read this piece by the Atlantic‘s Molly Ball or check out this BuzzFeed listicle.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space