Correction appended, Jan. 10, 2014
The French magazine Closer claims that President Francois Hollande is having an affair with actress Julie Gayet and touting photos to support the claim. Hollande hasn’t denied it, but is threatening to sue the magazine over what he calls a breach of privacy. Hollande’s longtime partner is Valerie Trierweiler (he had his four children with his previous partner).
So who is Julie Gayet?
She’s a 41-year-old French film actress and producer who has been in more than 50 films, the Telegraph reports, but her work isn’t prominent in the United States. She studied at the Actor’s Studio in London and is best known for films like My Best Friend, and Chaos and Desire. In 2007, she founded her own production company with another woman called Rouge International.
And she’s married herself. Gayet wed writer and scenarist Santiago Amigorena in 2003 and had two children with him. The couple is separated, though not officially divorced.
Gayet even appeared in an advertisement for Hollande’s campaign below.
Correction: The original version this story misstated the woman with whom Hollande had his four children.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time