Sarah Silverman wants to fix the wage gap and pay back every woman for the money she has lost simply because of the genitalia she happens to have. But until that happens, she figures it’s easier to just get a penis.
In a new ad for the Equal Payback Project, Silverman says women are paid only 78 cents to ever dollar a man earns. She has set the impossible goal of raising $30 trillion to make up that gap. The money she and the Equal Payback Project do raise on Tilt, a crowd-funding platform, will go to the nonprofit the National Women’s Law Center to fight for equal pay legislation. See the ad below.
The ad comes shortly before the midterm elections, in which Democrats have sought to make pay equity a key issue.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time