French President Francois Hollande threatened to sue a gossip magazine Friday after it alleged he had an affair with an actress.
The weekly tabloid Closer, which once published topless photos of Kate Middleton, has alleged that Hollande had an affair with Julie Gayet, who has appeared in 90 films and once appeared in one of Hollande’s campaign advertisements. Hollande called the report an “attack on the right to privacy” and said he was considering legal action against the magazine.
But as the BBC reports, Hollande, whose partner is journalist Valerie Trierweiler, has not denied the allegations of an affair. Closer claimed to have published photographs proving that Hollande routinely spends the night at Gayet’s apartment in Paris.
Gayet has not commented on the magazine’s reports.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma