Rock the Vote isn’t making it any easier to get DJ Snake and Lil Jon’s platinum single “Turn Down for What” out of your head. The youth voting group released a music video featuring a re-recording of the song in hopes of driving young voters to the polls this November.
The “Turn Out for What” PSA for the nonpartisan group stars Lil Jon and features Lena Dunham, Whoopi Goldberg, Fred Armisen, Darren Criss, and Sophia Bush, among others, listing the reasons they are turning out to vote in the midterm elections.
Dunham, who famously appeared in a controversial ad for President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign, said she is “turning out for reproductive rights.” Jon says he is “turning out for the legalization of marijuana.”
In a statement released by the group, the rapper said “the work that Rock the Vote does is incredible. It’s cool for me to collab with such an iconic organization.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow