Chelsea Clinton announced late Friday night that she gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Charlotte Clinton Mezvinsky. That makes Hillary Clinton a grandmother, and could have implications for her much-speculated 2016 presidential run—Clinton has said she wants to experience being a grandmother before deciding whether she’ll run for President.
Politics aside, the Twittersphere was aglow with will-wishing and congratulations for Chelsea Clinton on her daughter’s birth, with personalities from New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio to Democratic National Committee Vice Chairwoman Donna Brazile extending their regards.
Here are some of the choice tweets:
And here are some playful mentions thrown in for good measure:
Note the tongue-in-cheek cynicism, too:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time