Chelsea Clinton announced late Friday night that she gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Charlotte Clinton Mezvinsky. That makes Hillary Clinton a grandmother, and could have implications for her much-speculated 2016 presidential run—Clinton has said she wants to experience being a grandmother before deciding whether she’ll run for President.
Politics aside, the Twittersphere was aglow with will-wishing and congratulations for Chelsea Clinton on her daughter’s birth, with personalities from New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio to Democratic National Committee Vice Chairwoman Donna Brazile extending their regards.
Here are some of the choice tweets:
And here are some playful mentions thrown in for good measure:
Note the tongue-in-cheek cynicism, too:
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy