Deborra-Lee Furness says people need to stop calling her “lucky” for being married to sex-symbol Hugh Jackman.
“That to me is a putdown,” she said in an interview with the Australian Women’s Weekly. “[It is] like you suggesting I won the chook raffle. I think we create our own destiny.”
Since Furness, 58, is 13 years older than Jackman and not considered as traditionally attractive as her Wolverine husband, people often say she’s “lucky” to be married to him or that Jackman is gay and Furness is his beard.
But Furness said their almost two decades of marriage have nothing to do with luck: “If you want something, you put it out there with good intention and you realize it.”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022