Deborra-Lee Furness says people need to stop calling her “lucky” for being married to sex-symbol Hugh Jackman.
“That to me is a putdown,” she said in an interview with the Australian Women’s Weekly. “[It is] like you suggesting I won the chook raffle. I think we create our own destiny.”
Since Furness, 58, is 13 years older than Jackman and not considered as traditionally attractive as her Wolverine husband, people often say she’s “lucky” to be married to him or that Jackman is gay and Furness is his beard.
But Furness said their almost two decades of marriage have nothing to do with luck: “If you want something, you put it out there with good intention and you realize it.”
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body