This article originally appeared on Lost at E Minor.
Forgot world peace, poverty and climate change. All these problems pale in comparison to an age old question that has plagued mankind since mankind had the brains to be plagued by such things. That question is: what came first, the chicken or the egg?
If like us, you’ve sat around with your clever hat on arguing with your friends that you’ve solved the millennia old conundrum, then perhaps it’s time you thought again. Then again, you could pick either the chicken or the egg and you’d have a fifty fifty chance of being right. But if you want to know the why’s and the how’s then you gotta watch this explanatory short video by ASAP Science.
(via Twisted Sifter)
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement