Three Afghan soldiers taking part in an annual military training exercise in Massachusetts were missing after a trip to a shopping mall Sunday, officials said.
U.S. military officials said the soldiers aren’t thought to be a danger to the public, CNN reports.
The three men were part of a team of 15 soldiers from the Afghanistan National Army, the rest of whom are still participating in the week-long exercise at Joint Base Cape Cod. Federal and state authorities are working to find the soldiers.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk