Scotland wasn’t the only country watching the vote for independence Thursday night. St. Andrews Restaurant & Bar in New York City had its own crowd of Scottish expats, tourists, Americans, and more watching the television and waiting to see if Scotland was going to become independent or not.
The night might have ended with a “No,” but it didn’t drown out the shouts of “Yes!” that rang through the bar (with a ferocity no less than a Scotland/England soccer game) each time a voting result was revealed. TIME spent the evening there and filmed the reactions and opinions of the many “yes voters” and “no voters” present.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time