The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart blasted the NFL Wednesday evening for its handling of a series of alleged domestic abuse cases.
The league—which is also grappling with the severe health risks posed to players—is facing at least four separate players’ domestic abuse cases and has come under widespread fire for its inconsistent response to them.
“It’s the kind of firm decision-making we’ve come to expect from people who don’t know what the f*** they’re doing,” he says of the league.
Stewart also relished in the statement from NFL’s official beer sponsor, Anheuser-Busch, chastising the league’s handling of the domestic violence cases.
“How crazy is this? A company that sells alcohol is the moral touchstone of the NFL.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms