The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart blasted the NFL Wednesday evening for its handling of a series of alleged domestic abuse cases.
The league—which is also grappling with the severe health risks posed to players—is facing at least four separate players’ domestic abuse cases and has come under widespread fire for its inconsistent response to them.
“It’s the kind of firm decision-making we’ve come to expect from people who don’t know what the f*** they’re doing,” he says of the league.
Stewart also relished in the statement from NFL’s official beer sponsor, Anheuser-Busch, chastising the league’s handling of the domestic violence cases.
“How crazy is this? A company that sells alcohol is the moral touchstone of the NFL.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time