R&B singer August Alsina collapsed and fell off the stage during a Monday night concert at Manhattan’s Irving Plaza, E! News reports.
In disturbing fan videos, security personnel are seen gesturing for someone to cut the music and then rushing toward Alsina — BET’s best new artist of the year — after he tumbles into a stunned crowd.
Security brought Alsina backstage, and paramedics later loaded him into an ambulance. The singer was alert enough to wave to fans from the stretcher, TMZ says.
The reasons for the 22-year-old’s collapse, as well as his current condition, are still unknown, E! News says.
The show was the third of four concerts in Alsina’s Testimony Live tour. The last concert is scheduled for Sept. 21 in Kansas.
Just hours before his ill-fated performance, Alsina released the video for “No Love (Remix)” — a duet with rap idol Nicki Minaj.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer