R&B singer August Alsina collapsed and fell off the stage during a Monday night concert at Manhattan’s Irving Plaza, E! News reports.
In disturbing fan videos, security personnel are seen gesturing for someone to cut the music and then rushing toward Alsina — BET’s best new artist of the year — after he tumbles into a stunned crowd.
Security brought Alsina backstage, and paramedics later loaded him into an ambulance. The singer was alert enough to wave to fans from the stretcher, TMZ says.
The reasons for the 22-year-old’s collapse, as well as his current condition, are still unknown, E! News says.
The show was the third of four concerts in Alsina’s Testimony Live tour. The last concert is scheduled for Sept. 21 in Kansas.
Just hours before his ill-fated performance, Alsina released the video for “No Love (Remix)” — a duet with rap idol Nicki Minaj.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve