Jay Z sparked rumors Friday that his wife Beyoncé may be pregnant with a second child, after reportedly changing the lyrics to one of his songs while on tour in Paris.
While performing “Beach Is Better” on his On the Run tour in Paris, the rapper reportedly replaced the lyric “I replace it with another one” with “‘Cause she pregnant with another one” according to People.
If it’s true Jay Z did change the lyrics on the song, it would seem to be a pretty heavy hint that Beyoncé is pregnant with a little brother or sister for 3-year-old Blue Ivy: tabloids widely picked up the rumor and the Internet was abuzz Saturday with speculation about another Bey-by.
Reps for the couple didn’t immediately respond to People’s query about whether Beyoncé is indeed pregnant, and it’s not clear whether or not Jay Z even changed the lyrics to his track. Without clear audio proof — though an Instagram post has an alleged recording — the rumor might just be wishful thinking posted on social media by some starry-eyed audience member.
But it wouldn’t be the first time the couple has made an onstage announcement about their family. Beyoncé broke the news about her first pregnancy at the VMAs in 2011.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time