PETA is taking a short break from its hyperbolic, often overtly sexually demeaning, marketing strategy to talk to millennials in a language they might better understand: emojis.
The dialogue-free commercial, called “Beyond Words,” uses emojis to tell viewers that instead of worrying about this:
We should worry about that:
Spoiler alert: all the cute animals turn into skulls.
BPG made the ad, which will also run in magazines and on social media … which is a given since the entire concept is based on emojis. What say you: More or less effective than breaking down Pamela Anderson’s body into cuts of meat?
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time