PETA is taking a short break from its hyperbolic, often overtly sexually demeaning, marketing strategy to talk to millennials in a language they might better understand: emojis.
The dialogue-free commercial, called “Beyond Words,” uses emojis to tell viewers that instead of worrying about this:
We should worry about that:
Spoiler alert: all the cute animals turn into skulls.
BPG made the ad, which will also run in magazines and on social media … which is a given since the entire concept is based on emojis. What say you: More or less effective than breaking down Pamela Anderson’s body into cuts of meat?
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears