PETA is taking a short break from its hyperbolic, often overtly sexually demeaning, marketing strategy to talk to millennials in a language they might better understand: emojis.
The dialogue-free commercial, called “Beyond Words,” uses emojis to tell viewers that instead of worrying about this:
We should worry about that:
Spoiler alert: all the cute animals turn into skulls.
BPG made the ad, which will also run in magazines and on social media … which is a given since the entire concept is based on emojis. What say you: More or less effective than breaking down Pamela Anderson’s body into cuts of meat?
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World