As it turns out, there was a “happily ever after” after this season of The Bachelor — it just wasn’t with Juan Pablo.
Renee Oteri, who Juan Pablo Galavis sent home after hometown dates in this season of The Bachelor, has gotten hitched to her best friend since the age of 12. “And THAT just happened. I married my best friend of 22 years!” Oteri captioned an Instagram photo of the couple.
The announcement comes just over a week after the awkward finale of The Bachelor, which ended without a proposal or even an “I love you” from Galavis to winner Nikki Ferrell (to the chagrin of Bachelor host Chris Harrison). Harrison and the other women on the show all took their turns bashing Galavis for his lack of compassion in the “Women Tell All” episode before the final rose.
Though Oteri called Galavis a nice guy as she was sent off the show in tears, many bloggers and some of the other contestants pointed out that Juan Pablo shouldn’t have met her son on the hometown date if he knew there was a chance he was going to dump her at the end of the week. But Galavis did wish his best to the 32-year-old mom when he found out the news of her engagement. “At the end of it all, I’m very happy that Renee found someone and want to send her my congratulations,” the most recent Bachelor wrote in a People blog. “I hope to be invited to the wedding some day.”
Based on Galavis’ and Oteri’s Twitter feeds, it doesn’t look like he was.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time