Any woman who dates George Clooney is subject to scrutiny and judgement — and for the most part, the general sentiment has been that Clooney strategically dates down.
Until now, that is. Clooney has been spotted on numerous occasions with the highly accomplished Amal Alamuddin, who’s rumored to be his new girlfriend. According to Jezebel, he’s now dating out of his league.
Alamuddin was educated at Oxford and NYU, and specializes in international law. She is advising Kofi Annan on the U.N.’s Syria talks, served as the co-editor of a law book from Oxford University Press and previously represented Julian Assange in extradition proceedings.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve