In case you needed a good cry this morning: The Independent reports that a maintenance worker named Mario at the Rotterdam’s Diergaarde Blijdorp Zoo is suffering from terminal cancer and asked to be wheeled into a giraffe’s habitat so he could say his final goodbye to the animals.
“These animals recognised him, and felt that (things aren’t) going well with him,” Kees Veldboer, the founder of the Ambulance Wish Foundation, said.
Ummm is someone cutting onions in here??
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now