In case you needed a good cry this morning: The Independent reports that a maintenance worker named Mario at the Rotterdam’s Diergaarde Blijdorp Zoo is suffering from terminal cancer and asked to be wheeled into a giraffe’s habitat so he could say his final goodbye to the animals.
“These animals recognised him, and felt that (things aren’t) going well with him,” Kees Veldboer, the founder of the Ambulance Wish Foundation, said.
Ummm is someone cutting onions in here??
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time