In case you needed a good cry this morning: The Independent reports that a maintenance worker named Mario at the Rotterdam’s Diergaarde Blijdorp Zoo is suffering from terminal cancer and asked to be wheeled into a giraffe’s habitat so he could say his final goodbye to the animals.
“These animals recognised him, and felt that (things aren’t) going well with him,” Kees Veldboer, the founder of the Ambulance Wish Foundation, said.
Ummm is someone cutting onions in here??
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement