What do you get when you cross a velociraptor and a chicken? Anzu Wyliei.
The new dinosaur species was discovered by scientists at an excavation site in North Dakota. That, coupled with the bird-like qualities of the dino, has earned the newly discovered species the nickname “Chicken from Hell.” The results were published in the Plos One Journal on Wednesday. Anzu Wyliei belongs to the Oviraptorosaurian, or dinosaurs with feathers, category with the Archaeopteryx. Like a bird, Anzu Wyliei has a crest, a beak ,and a bird-like skeleton, but rest assured, the “Chicken from Hell” is all dinosaur.
Watch the video above for more.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror