Sometimes, we all lose sight of the fight that before Drake was Drake, he was Aubrey Graham, a young actor on the Canadian teen drama series Degrassi.
Well, one Toronto resident is hoping to remind us of Drake’s roots by plastering pictures of his face on handicapped wheelchair signs around the city. (Drake, of course, played Jimmy, who was in a wheelchair after a shooting left him paralyzed from the waist down.)
Behind this trend — simply called “draking” — is journalist and blogger Lauren O’Neil. She told BuzzFeed that she and her boyfriend saw an accessibility sign on the subway recently and the idea just kind of came to them. Soon, they began “draking” all over town. “We just want to make people smile,” she said.
Man, that’s kind of a bummer. We were secretly hoping this was a viral campaign for some kind of Degrassi revival.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption