Back to school time is a joyful occasion (for parents, mostly), but for some students going back to school can mean facing down schoolyard bullies, dealing with disapproving teachers and slumping under the gaze of gawking strangers, all because of the way they dress.
A new viral ad for German home improvement brand Hornbach, serves as a good reminder that even if a child prefers all black, wears a leather collar and avoids team sports, they still deserve a good, loving support system. If that means painting your home black, so be it.
While goths may enjoy offbeat things, like wearing horizontal-striped tights or the latest CruxShadows album (just kidding!), no child should ever dread going to school over the specter of bullying or name-calling.
Goths may not approve of much that is heartwarming, but this video may be the exception.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'