If you think walking and whistling is hard, wait until you see what the Ohio State University marching band can do.
During the half time show at OSU’s football game against Virginia Tech, the band played a montage of theme songs from classic television shows like MASH, The Munsters and Dragnet. Video from Lantern TV shows band members marching in a formation that showcases iconic images from television history, like a helicopter, the Munsters’ pet hand, Thing, and even the Batmobile from the ’60s television version of the Batman franchise.
To make the project more appealing to the audience at the game (and not just their parents), the band also included homages to The Office, Game of Thrones and The Simpsons, topped off with an impressive Bart Simpson skateboarding across the football field.
This isn’t the fist time the OSU band has entertained the crowd with an impressive tribute. Last year, they re-created some Disney classics on the field and their homage to Michael Jackson was quite memorable.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving