Joan Rivers’ Sunday funeral was a star-studded memorial, featuring performances and heartfelt speeches from some of the 81-year-old comedian’s closest friends.
Rivers’ services were held at Temple Emanu-El on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Celebrities including Sarah Jessica Parker, Hoda Kotb, Diane Sawyer and Whoopi Goldberg were in attendance. According to PEOPLE, Howard Stern delivered a truly touching speech about his “best friend” Rivers, whom he called a “big sister.”
The New York City Gay Men’s Chorus, Audra McDonald and Hugh Jackman were among the performers.
Read more about Rivers’ funeral at PEOPLE.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World