Joan Rivers’ Sunday funeral was a star-studded memorial, featuring performances and heartfelt speeches from some of the 81-year-old comedian’s closest friends.
Rivers’ services were held at Temple Emanu-El on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Celebrities including Sarah Jessica Parker, Hoda Kotb, Diane Sawyer and Whoopi Goldberg were in attendance. According to PEOPLE, Howard Stern delivered a truly touching speech about his “best friend” Rivers, whom he called a “big sister.”
The New York City Gay Men’s Chorus, Audra McDonald and Hugh Jackman were among the performers.
Read more about Rivers’ funeral at PEOPLE.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com