Ever since Beyoncé released her album B’Day on her birthday in 2006, the fourth of September has become something of an unofficial Internet holiday — like Miss Congeniality Day and Mean Girls Day (only a lot more flawless). Because the now-33-year-old TIME cover star is no stranger to social media, the celebration unfolded on Twitter, where more than 633,000 mentions of Beyoncé and “Happy Birthday Beyoncé” accumulated by end-of-day East Coast time.
Above, check out an exclusive timeline of the conversation from Twitter’s Reverb visualization tool, featuring the most viral congratulations from Michelle Obama, Perez Hilton and others. Then imagine what the chatter would be like were this an actual milestone birthday — B’Day at 40, anybody?
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at email@example.com