HBO’s hit series Game of Thrones will be down another Stark in the upcoming season—Bran Stark and his trusted companion Hodor will not appear in Season 5. Kristian Nairn, who plays the giant Hodor (catchphrase: “Hodor”) in the series, told an Australian broadcast network that both he and the actor who plays Bran will be on hiatus during Season 5.
“We have a season off and we have a year’s hiatus, solely because I imagine our storyline is up to the end of the books,” Nairn said.
At any rate, Nairn seems to have some pretty epic plans for his time off; namely, the Thrones-themed DJ tour “Rave of Thrones” that Nairn is currently hosting across Australia.
[Australian Broadcast Corporation]
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement