In the new music video for her song “Nouveau Parfum,” Hungarian singer Boggie (real name: Csemer Boglarka) shows just how far some Photoshopping can go. The three-and-half-minute clip shows her going from an average girl to a glamorous, blemish-free beauty.
“Women open magazines and they have to face that on the pages everyone looks perfect, therefore they start to feel imperfect,” the 27-year-old singer told the Daily Star. “I wanted to make it clear that we shouldn’t try to compete with this perfectionism and manipulation which ruins your self-esteem.”
This video was done with creative editing, lots of screen effects and a ton of makeup and costume changes rather than actual Photoshop, but the message is clear. Oh, and the song isn’t bad either, so make sure your volume’s turned up when you watch.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time