In the new music video for her song “Nouveau Parfum,” Hungarian singer Boggie (real name: Csemer Boglarka) shows just how far some Photoshopping can go. The three-and-half-minute clip shows her going from an average girl to a glamorous, blemish-free beauty.
“Women open magazines and they have to face that on the pages everyone looks perfect, therefore they start to feel imperfect,” the 27-year-old singer told the Daily Star. “I wanted to make it clear that we shouldn’t try to compete with this perfectionism and manipulation which ruins your self-esteem.”
This video was done with creative editing, lots of screen effects and a ton of makeup and costume changes rather than actual Photoshop, but the message is clear. Oh, and the song isn’t bad either, so make sure your volume’s turned up when you watch.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving