Twitter has launched #FirstTweet, a tool that helps users find the very first message they sent out using the site–which, of course, means that you might end up seeing a tweet you’d rather not remember. The social-networking service is sharing the service with fans in celebration of the Twitter’s eighth birthday.
The tool is simple: plug in your username and get ready to cringe. Or at least get ready to see how excited you were to tweet about the contents of your lunch in 2009.
Twitter is asking users to share their initial messages using #FirstTweet. To celebrate, we’ve gathered the first tweets of a few notable Twitter luminaries. Enjoy!
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time