Rumors have been swirling for months that power couple Beyoncé and Jay Z have hit the rocks during their On the Run Tour and are headed for a split. But Jay and Bey tried to put those suspicions to bed (in a not-particularly-subtle way) at the MTV Video Music Awards, when the rapper and the couple’s daughter, Blue Ivy, presented mom Beyoncé with her lifetime achievement awards.
Jay Z and Blue Ivy watched Beyoncé perform songs from her latest album before taking the stage to honor the pop star; then Beyoncé cried as she took her award from her husband and her young daughter. The two locked lips, dispelling any notion, for the moment at least, that there’s trouble in paradise — a show of marital bliss for all the world to see. Well played, Jay and Bey. Well played.
“I have nothing to say, but I’m filled with so much gratitude,” Beyoncé said. “I thank God for this moment. I love y’all so much. Blue Blue, I love you. My beloved, I love you. My fans, I love you. MTV, I love you. Goodnight.”
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far