Rumors have been swirling for months that power couple Beyoncé and Jay Z have hit the rocks during their On the Run Tour and are headed for a split. But Jay and Bey tried to put those suspicions to bed (in a not-particularly-subtle way) at the MTV Video Music Awards, when the rapper and the couple’s daughter, Blue Ivy, presented mom Beyoncé with her lifetime achievement awards.
Jay Z and Blue Ivy watched Beyoncé perform songs from her latest album before taking the stage to honor the pop star; then Beyoncé cried as she took her award from her husband and her young daughter. The two locked lips, dispelling any notion, for the moment at least, that there’s trouble in paradise — a show of marital bliss for all the world to see. Well played, Jay and Bey. Well played.
“I have nothing to say, but I’m filled with so much gratitude,” Beyoncé said. “I thank God for this moment. I love y’all so much. Blue Blue, I love you. My beloved, I love you. My fans, I love you. MTV, I love you. Goodnight.”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022