After weeks of teasers and promos and think pieces, Nicki Minaj has at last dropped the video for her track “Anaconda.”
The video (above) is a little NSFW — depending on where you work — but that’s not at all surprising for anyone who’s familiar with Minaj’s music. Featuring loads of twerking, sexual references and a cameo from Drake, the video for “Anaconda” is Minaj’s tribute to all the women who “ain’t missing no meals,” while also denouncing all “the skinny bitches in the club.” (It’s also sure to spawn countless articles on any and all of the following: female sexuality; sexual objectification; sexual objectification in hip-hop; and race.)
The track, which was released as a single on Aug. 4 and hit number one in iTunes shortly afterwards, takes its title from Sir Mix-a-lot’s “Baby Got Back,” which is also sampled in the song. “Ananconda” marks the second single from Minaj’s upcoming album The Pinkprint.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow