Guardians of the Galaxy star Chris Pratt added himself to a long line of celebrities–from Conan O’Brien to Bill Gates–who have participated in the trendy-though-highly-debated publicity stunt that raises money and awareness for ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease by getting people to dump buckets (or other containers) full of freezing water over their heads.
Accepting a double challenge from both Disney CEO Bob Iger and Actor Vincent D’Onofrio, Pratt explains on camera that he’s going to do things “slightly different.” Eyes a’twinkle, he produces a tiny bottle of Blue Ice Vodka, which he dispatches quickly. For the second challenge, he begins to gulp down a bottle of Smirnoff Ice.
Much to our comic delight, however, forces gather to thwart Pratt’s plans to avoid getting wet and chilled to the bone–as you’ll see in the video below.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023