A rebellious military disc jockey, an exuberant and gifted English professor, a magical genie trapped inside a lamp, a bawdy but kindly elderly nanny–these vastly different characters flowed from the mind of just one person.
Robin Williams took his own life on Monday, but the multitude of unforgettable characters he willed into being with unmatched energy and warmth live on. Over his almost four-decades-long career, Williams donned prosthetics, dressed up in drag, and scrunched his face beyond recognition in the name of quality entertainment.
Take a look back and marvel at how the same guy who made you laugh as Mork from Ork also tugged at your heartstrings in Good Will Hunting.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science