A rebellious military disc jockey, an exuberant and gifted English professor, a magical genie trapped inside a lamp, a bawdy but kindly elderly nanny–these vastly different characters flowed from the mind of just one person.
Robin Williams took his own life on Monday, but the multitude of unforgettable characters he willed into being with unmatched energy and warmth live on. Over his almost four-decades-long career, Williams donned prosthetics, dressed up in drag, and scrunched his face beyond recognition in the name of quality entertainment.
Take a look back and marvel at how the same guy who made you laugh as Mork from Ork also tugged at your heartstrings in Good Will Hunting.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org