Critics who’ve already rolled their eyes at Iggy Azalea’s assertion that she’s “the realest” are sure going to have fun with this.
Newly leaked footage, from some unknown point in the rapper’s career, reveals a musical past that’s, uh, pretty different from the style she popularized in songs like “Work,” “Bounce” and, most recently, “Fancy.” Oddly enough, this leaked track is called “Nothing Like Me.”
Go on, take a second to appreciate that.
“Nothing Like Me” is basically a shapeless, generic dance-pop tune with a serious Britney Spears vibe — although, to be fair, you can hear traces of the Southern drawl that Iggy’s now known for (despite being, you know, Australian).
Also on prominent display is her oft-discussed derrière — which is actually a good way to identify that this indeed is Iggy Azalea. Do beware: some people have questioned the authenticity of the audio here — but it sure looks and sounds like Iggy.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World