Some people on Twitter appear to mistakenly believe that the British singer Robbie Williams has died instead of Robin Williams, the 63-year-old comedic actor who passed away Monday.
The hashtag #RIPRobbieWilliams suggests plenty of people are either getting their celebrities mixed up, or using a confusing diminutive when paying tribute to the late actor:
— Craig Evans-Bird (@EvansBirdTweets) August 12, 2014
Omg I can't believe Robbie Williams has died 😢 rock Dj will always be one of my favourite song
— T (@TheT0M_) August 12, 2014
Robbie Williams – who is apparently alive and well – recently started a live tour called “Swings Both Ways,” which has performances coming up next month in Australia.
(h/t The Daily Mail)
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?