No one tackled the absurdity of sports quite like Robin Williams. Here’s the comic legend riffing on golf, baseball and other games during his stand-up routines.
(Warning: Lots of NSFW stuff here).
Oh, so that’s why the shots are called strokes.
The Winter Olympics
Put on a glove, man.
What happens when Tom Landry coaches ballet, and a choreographer coaches football?
Williams’ take on flopping and yellow cards, with a detour to Lance Armstrong — pre-PED scandal — and hockey.
Baseball had a cocaine problem in the 1980s, and the third-base coach wasn’t helping.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Sean Gregory at email@example.com