“Chasing the Sun” is so yesterday — Hilary Duff’s new single is what it’s all about, as the former Disney star makes her return to music.
“All About You,” which debuted Monday, is in the same twangy, folk-pop vein as the singer’s first single, but it’s a huge improvement: while “Chasing the Sun” was sweet but ultimately underwhelmed, “All About You” packs the kind of rowdy punch required to get a comeback really cooking.
Taylor Swift comparisons are inevitable, sure — but while T-Swizzle is off gallivanting with Max Martin or testing out dubstep, Duff’s nod to her Texan roots is attention-grabbing and effortless. The world should have heard this one first.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at email@example.com