“Chasing the Sun” is so yesterday — Hilary Duff’s new single is what it’s all about, as the former Disney star makes her return to music.
“All About You,” which debuted Monday, is in the same twangy, folk-pop vein as the singer’s first single, but it’s a huge improvement: while “Chasing the Sun” was sweet but ultimately underwhelmed, “All About You” packs the kind of rowdy punch required to get a comeback really cooking.
Taylor Swift comparisons are inevitable, sure — but while T-Swizzle is off gallivanting with Max Martin or testing out dubstep, Duff’s nod to her Texan roots is attention-grabbing and effortless. The world should have heard this one first.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement