“Chasing the Sun” is so yesterday — Hilary Duff’s new single is what it’s all about, as the former Disney star makes her return to music.
“All About You,” which debuted Monday, is in the same twangy, folk-pop vein as the singer’s first single, but it’s a huge improvement: while “Chasing the Sun” was sweet but ultimately underwhelmed, “All About You” packs the kind of rowdy punch required to get a comeback really cooking.
Taylor Swift comparisons are inevitable, sure — but while T-Swizzle is off gallivanting with Max Martin or testing out dubstep, Duff’s nod to her Texan roots is attention-grabbing and effortless. The world should have heard this one first.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy