Daniel Radcliffe revealed in a recent interview that there’s one film in the Harry Potter franchise that really makes him cringe: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
“I’m just not very good in it,” he told the Daily Mail of the sixth movie in the series. “I hate it.”
While most actors honed their craft in classes and high school plays, Radcliffe’s development was broadcast to the millions who watched the series.
“My acting is very one-note and I can see I got complacent and what I was trying to do just didn’t come across,” he said.
And his personal best in his view? The fifth—Order of the Phoenix—“because I can see progression.”
While Radcliffe didn’t love his performance, it certainly didn’t deter fans. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince grossed $301 million domestic and almost a billion worldwide.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms