Forget success. Forget fame. Forget fortune.
Happiness is something everyone wants, and wants to feel a lot more often–because where happiness is concerned, too much is never enough.
Unfortunately we all have a hereditary “happiness set point.” That means approximately 50% of our happiness is outside of our control. But that means 50% of our level of happiness is totally within our control.
So doesn’t it make sense to create habits and build a lifestyle that allows you to feel more satisfied and more fulfilled?
Check out this infographic on the science of happiness from Happify…and start making changes that will make you feel a lot happier.
More from Inc:
- 11 Decisions That Will Make You Happier
- 14 Powerful Motivational Quotes You Have Never Heard (But Should!)
- 10 Harsh Truths That Will Improve Your Life Instantaneously
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now