Forget success. Forget fame. Forget fortune.
Happiness is something everyone wants, and wants to feel a lot more often–because where happiness is concerned, too much is never enough.
Unfortunately we all have a hereditary “happiness set point.” That means approximately 50% of our happiness is outside of our control. But that means 50% of our level of happiness is totally within our control.
So doesn’t it make sense to create habits and build a lifestyle that allows you to feel more satisfied and more fulfilled?
Check out this infographic on the science of happiness from Happify…and start making changes that will make you feel a lot happier.
More from Inc:
- 11 Decisions That Will Make You Happier
- 14 Powerful Motivational Quotes You Have Never Heard (But Should!)
- 10 Harsh Truths That Will Improve Your Life Instantaneously
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was