Forget success. Forget fame. Forget fortune.
Happiness is something everyone wants, and wants to feel a lot more often–because where happiness is concerned, too much is never enough.
Unfortunately we all have a hereditary “happiness set point.” That means approximately 50% of our happiness is outside of our control. But that means 50% of our level of happiness is totally within our control.
So doesn’t it make sense to create habits and build a lifestyle that allows you to feel more satisfied and more fulfilled?
Check out this infographic on the science of happiness from Happify…and start making changes that will make you feel a lot happier.
More from Inc:
- 11 Decisions That Will Make You Happier
- 14 Powerful Motivational Quotes You Have Never Heard (But Should!)
- 10 Harsh Truths That Will Improve Your Life Instantaneously
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving