O sweet, sweet sadness! A North Carolina man, Bradley Hardison, was arrested this week shortly after winning a police sponsored anticrime doughnut-eating contest at the Elizabeth City Police Department’s National Night Out Against Crime, Reuters reports.
Hardison, 24, consumed eight doughnuts in two minutes, winning over a group of local policemen and firefighters. A day later he was arrested — apparently, the Camden County Sheriff’s Office had been attempting to interview Hardison (for nine months!) about his connection with two break-ins.
A local report brought Hardison to the attention of Lieutenant Max Robeson:
Justice = sweet.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time