O sweet, sweet sadness! A North Carolina man, Bradley Hardison, was arrested this week shortly after winning a police sponsored anticrime doughnut-eating contest at the Elizabeth City Police Department’s National Night Out Against Crime, Reuters reports.
Hardison, 24, consumed eight doughnuts in two minutes, winning over a group of local policemen and firefighters. A day later he was arrested — apparently, the Camden County Sheriff’s Office had been attempting to interview Hardison (for nine months!) about his connection with two break-ins.
A local report brought Hardison to the attention of Lieutenant Max Robeson:
Justice = sweet.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk