Photographer Raj Shetye, attempting raise awareness of violence against women in India, did a photo shoot depicting a girl being groped by men on a bus. But some say the shoot trivializes rape cases in India.
In 2012, a woman was gang raped on a bus in Delhi, leaving her battered and brutalized. She later died while hospitalized. The fact that this shoot was held on a bus caused outrage among people who believed the photos trivialized the tragedy. Shetye said the shoot was not based on that rape case and was “just a depiction of the situation of women in our country,” BBC reports.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow