The “Salty Peanut Butter Malt Ball” candy made famous in the iconic Saturday Night Live sketch starring Alec Baldwin, Ana Gasteyer and Molly Shannon, will jump from the TV screen to the candy aisle.
On the heels of a successful collaboration with Ben & Jerry’s, SNL has partnered with the candy company It’Sugar to make Schweddy Balls in honor of the late night show’s upcoming 40th anniversary next year, USA Today and Eater report.
More than 50 other fictional snacks and novelty gifts culled from SNL sketches and digital shorts will also become a tasty reality, according to USA Today. In addition to the balls you “can’t wait to get your mouth around” the product line will also include high-fiber Colon Blow Cereal, Stefon’s Pop n’ Rock Party Bars, Debbie Downer mints, Night at the Roxbury-themed chocolate bars and Schmitts Gay Beer.
The items will be available at It’Sugar locations, as well as online starting September 13, so you can stock up and give all the trick-or-treaters Schweddy Balls for Halloween.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma